Director of Nursing
We are growing expanding and hiring, and offering a sign-on bonus!
Hope Cooperative is searching for a Director of Nursing.
Full Time Professional | Sacramento, CA, US
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Nursing oversees and coordinates all aspects of nursing for our Medi-Cal billing programs, including, but not limited to, pharmacy, laboratory, quality assurance, medical records, infection control, and staff education. The Director of Nursing ensures compliance with established agency and County policies and procedures and timely completion of documentation and reporting requirements. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for the County medication monitoring.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, exempt position with a salary of $5000.00 semi-monthly and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance for employee and children
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible start/end times for some positions
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure (for certain positions and upon approval)
- CEU days for certain positions
- Free CEU’s for certain positions
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstrate empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary to in coordinating and providing services for clients.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Assists clients and family/caregivers in understanding treatment and the use of therapy and medication
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, EHR forms).
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the Agency HIPAA Manual.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Use motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, and harm-reduction practices
- Ensures all clients receive the full spectrum of care.
- Collaborates with program/clinical director regularly.
- Interfaces with facility Medical Directors to ensure high quality, consistent care.
- Ability to assess clients’ mental and physical conditions using nursing process.
- Ability to respond to medical and nursing emergencies.
- Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance, and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
- Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
- Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed
- Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed following established guidelines.
- Manages the department within allocated/budgeted parameters.
- Ensures policy and procedure manuals for the various departments are reviewed and updated according to established County and Medi-Cal regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standards and regulations governing mental health services, including, but not limited to, Department of Health Services and Department of Mental Health.
- Provides for regular staff meetings for employees to both provide information and facilitate communication.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as designated
- Participates and encourages participation from staff in agency activities, including professional development and social events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises Registered Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses in the assigned programs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/ or Experience:
- Current licensure in the State of California as a registered nurse.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- BSN or master’s degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in behavioral health -psychiatry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DSM-5.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable regulations and standards.
- Proven ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborates effectively.
- Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
Desire to work with client who have severe and persistent mental health disorders.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply visit Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled