Account Payable/Cash Rec Specialist – Admin
We are growing expanding and hiring, and offering a sign-on bonus.
Hope Cooperative is searching for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Full Time Professional | Sacramento, CA, US
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the timely payment of all agency expenses, as well as complex clerical and entry level booking and accounting tasks.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is an entry level full-time, non-exempt position, starting at $20.85 per hour.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible hours
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives, reviews, audits, and processes vendor and staff expense claims, ensuring all required documentation is correct, submitted and maintained
- Responsible for accurate coding, data entry, and posting of invoices through accounts payable to the general ledger
- Responsible for preparing payment disbursements
- Responsible for monthly credit card reconciliations for all company credit cards
- Works closely with internal and external customers to ensure accounts are current and free from error within the ledgers.
- Assists with corrections to the general ledger, ensuring correct coding of revenues and expenditures; may conduct analysis and reconciliations of various financial reports and of the general ledger as needed
- Organizes and maintains vendor and voucher files, ensures compliance with storage requirements and records retention schedule
- Prepares 1099-Miscellaneous Income tax information and forms annually, including:
- maintaining updated vendor W-9 records
- establishing vendor files accordingly in accounting system
- processing 1099’s per IRS guidelines
- Picks up, opens, and distributes daily mail
- Assists with monthly close and provides support during audits, as well as other ad hoc projects
- Performs special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives
- Provides general department/agency administrative support as needed
- Other duties as required
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the HOPE COOPERATIVE HIPAA Manual.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced recordkeeping; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures, prefer knowledge of governmental accounting principles
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled