Accounts Payable Clerk
We are growing, expanding and offering a Sign-on Bonus!!!
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 14 PTO days (2 weeks /4 days)
- 21 PTO days after 1st year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 25 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k match
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, and more.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the timely payment of all agency expenses, as well as complex clerical and entry level booking and accounting tasks.
Essential Duties: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives, reviews, audits, and processes vendor and staff expense claims, ensuring all required documentation is correct, submitted and maintained
- Responsible for accurate coding, data entry, and posting of invoices through accounts payable to the general ledger
- Responsible for preparing payment disbursements
- Responsible for monthly credit card reconciliations for all company credit cards
- Works closely with internal and external customers to ensure accounts are current and free from error within the ledgers.
- Assists with corrections to the general ledger, ensuring correct coding of revenues and expenditures; may conduct analysis and reconciliations of various financial reports and of the general ledger as needed
- Organizes and maintains vendor and voucher files, ensures compliance with storage requirements and records retention schedule
- Prepares 1099-Miscellaneous Income tax information and forms annually, including:
- maintaining updated vendor W-9 records
- establishing vendor files accordingly in accounting system
- processing 1099’s per IRS guidelines
- Picks up, opens, and distributes daily mail
- Assists with monthly close and provides support during audits, as well as other ad hoc projects
- Performs special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives
- Provides general department/agency administrative support as needed
- Other duties as required
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the HOPE COOPERATIVE HIPAA Manual.
Education and Experience:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced recordkeeping; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures, prefer knowledge of governmental accounting principles
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply visit Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled