We are growing expanding and hiring, and offering a sign-on bonus.
Hope Cooperative is searching for a Human Resources Specialist.
Full-time Professional | Sacramento, CA, US
The Administrative Human Resources Specialist is responsible for providing high level administrative, clerical and human resources support to the Director of Administration and Executive Team.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position, starting at $22.68 an hour.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance for employee and children
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible start/end times for some positions
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure (for certain positions and upon approval)
- CEU days for certain positions
- Free CEU’s for certain positions
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reception duties
- Meet with new hires, newly promoted employees for initial orientation
- Perform a variety of functions including data entry in the HRIS system, and employer benefit portals.
- Create and maintain agency identification badges.
- Create / Order business cards
- Update Volunteer / Intern Spreadsheet
- Prepare, update and distribute Staff Rosters and the Facility Listing.
- Post updated monthly management reports
- Post updated documents to the Intranet
- Maintain and process updates to the holiday schedule, employment posters and other documents.
- Type and distribute all rejection letters to applicants for all filled positions.
- Review the initial benefits enrollments for newly eligible staff and annual open enrollment changes in ADP
- Confirm the benefit enrollments with the carriers via ADP weekly electronic file feed
- Confirm the documentation for the I-9’s and maintain the I-9 binder
- Participate in, and assist in the preparation of, the annual Benefits Committee.
- Assist the Admin Director in coordinating health, dental, vision and life insurance plan premium changes in ADP
- Serve as back-up for the processing of semi-monthly payroll for all employees in the absence of the Payroll Specialist.
- Coordinate, or assist in, projects as directed
- Create special reports (utilizing the HRIS if possible), as needed
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the HOPE COOPERATIVE HIPAA Manual.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or Associates Degree preferred
- 5 years Office / Administrative experience preferred.
- 3 years Human Resources Experience preferred
- Intermediate or Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Must be able to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction
- Must have the ability to safely operate office equipment where necessary
- Ability to manage one’s own time and coordinate the priorities of work orders and other responsibilities in order to ensure timely competition of required duties
- Ability to manage one’s own tasks and proactively communicate about those tasks with the necessary parties
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled