Clinical Director – Yolo
Hope Cooperative is searching for a Licensed Clinical Director for the clinical oversight in our Full Service Partnership Program, located in Yolo County.
Our Full Service Partnership is an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program serving up to 100 Clients with Serious Mental Illness (SMI). This is a community based full service partnership with Yolo County, providing intensive mental health and case management services to clients in their homes and other community locations. Clients may include individuals who are experiencing homelessness, persistent mental health symptoms, substance abuse concerns, and health needs. We foster flexible and creative team ‘whatever it takes’ approaches to meet clients where they are while also encouraging independent decision making. We work closely with clients and public entities to decrease chronic homelessness in Yolo County.
The Clinical Director is responsible for ensuring program quality, maintaining Agency standards, ensuring contractual compliance and providing some community relations and outreach. Additionally, this position is responsible for completing all internal and external quality assurance activities per Sacramento County Mental Health Plan and overseeing the procedures for maintaining accurate and up-to-date program records. The Clinical Director ensures that Best Practices of mental health recovery are taught and implemented.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, exempt position and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (akaTLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days (4 weeks/1 day)
- 25 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible hours
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstrate empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
- Provide client assessments and formulate service plans regarding intensive long or short-term treatment.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Assists clients and family/caregivers in understanding treatment and the use of therapy and medication. Deliver therapeutic services to clients and family/caregivers, including but not limited to, individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy.
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team to provide integrated psychosocial rehabilitative services and attend meetings to ensure continuity of care for clients.
- Reviews client assessments, client plans and progress notes to assist PSCs with training and accuracy to meet MediCal billing standards.
- Participates in the internal and county utilization review process.
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms, HMIS).
- Acts as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
- Coordinates, or assist in, special research or projects when needed or assigned, including creating, preparing and distributing special reports.
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the agency HIPAA Manual.
Directly supervises employees, students and/or interns as assigned according to program need. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. .
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in the field of psychology, counseling or social work.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in a mental health related setting providing direct services.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and techniques of family, group and individual therapy, as well as the planning, development and implementation of comprehensive service plans.
- Experience supervising staff is desirable.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of diagnostic assessment and interviewing, and the social psychological and physical aspects of mental disorders.
- Experience with Medi-Cal requirements is desirable.
- Work experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of group work principles and the ability to work effectively with groups.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must meet the qualifications of a Licensed Professional of the Healing Arts (LPHA), possessing a valid California License in one of the following professional categories:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT),
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) OR
- .Be in the final stages of the process of obtaining licensure for any of the above stated professions and be registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
HOPE Cooperative (Formerly TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled