Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 14 PTO days (2 weeks /4 days)
- 21 PTO days after 1st year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 25 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible hours
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psych Tech (LPT) will provide medical and psychiatric support to the clinical team for clients who have been admitted to the respective agency program. Direct medical services will be given to clients based on the specific medical orders.
The Licensed Mental Health Worker position will function according to the California Consumer Affairs, Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstrate empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide integrated psychosocial rehabilitative services and attend meetings to ensure continuity of care for clients.
- Provide positive public relations, community referrals, information and support by linking clients to needed resources; advocate with and on behalf of clients and significant support persons the clients have identified.
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms, HMIS).
- Ensure the office, house, rooms, units and yard are clean and fit for occupancy, where applicable. Provide and assist with cleaning as needed.
- Assist in the supervision and training of volunteers and/or students as assigned or directed.
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
- Provide client support for medication needs (medical staff, pharmacy, insurance, B+C, hospital, jail).
- Maintain medical equipment supplies.
- Coordinate clients’ medication regime with program psychiatrist and community pharmacy using Sacramento County Guidelines.
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the agency HIPAA Manual.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in a mental health related setting providing clinical services is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience working with, Medi-Cal / Medicare / Sacramento County Department of Behavioral Health Services (DBHS) requirements is highly desirable.
- Work experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
- Work, volunteer or life experience with persons with homelessness issues highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) licensure.
- Current CPR & AED certifications.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply visit Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled