Office Assistant – RST
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
· 21 PTO days (4 weeks/1 day)
· 25 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
· 6 days paid sick time
· 9 paid holidays
· Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
· Employer paid health insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· 401k match
· Employee Assistance Program
· Regular hourly wage step scale increases
· Flexible hours
· iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
· Clinical Supervision towards licensure
· Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
· Annual Gift Card Program
· Referral Bonuses
· Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
· PTO Cash Out
· Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
The Office Assistant supports the daily operations of the respective program, including office and phone reception, typing, filing, copying and scanning medical records and managing doctor appointments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Support individuals with active listening, demonstrate empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
· Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
· Serve as primary receptionist for the office, including answering all incoming calls and greeting and offering assistance to all visitors.
· Coordinate and set appointments with clients for doctor visits.
· Verify correct entry into the Avatar system, ensure completeness of Avatar forms, and contact appropriate staff for missing information.
· Create, enter and update needed forms, lists and tracking data as needed.
· Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms, HMIS).
· Monitor and maintain medical records to ensure for accuracy and confidentiality.
· Scan hard copies of forms and reports into clients’ electronic files
· Coordinate, or assist in, projects as directed, including creating, preparing and distributing special reports as needed or assigned.
· Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
· Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the agency HIPAA Manual.
Education and/or Experience:
· Previous experience working in the clerical field with attention to detail.
· Work experience with Medi-Cal billing is highly desirable.
· Work experience in a medical office environment is highly desirable.
· Work, volunteer or life experience with individuals with mental health issues is highly desirable.
· Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
· Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
· Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
· Work overtime as requested and approved.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled