OnSite Maintenance / Janitorial Tech
Hope Cooperative is searching for a On Site Maintenance person to live on-site at one of our beautiful apartment complexes in Folsom.
Part Time Professional | Folsom, CA, US
The On-Site Maintenance Technician is required to live on-site and responsible for monitoring the property by questioning intruders, watching for suspicious activity, investigating incidents and reporting tenant problems or concerns. In addition, this position responds to any emergency calls day or night.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a part-time, non-exempt position, starting at $16.20 per hour and may require working some evening and weekend schedules. Since this position requires the staff person to live on-site (full-time), a two bedroom apartment plus $75 utility allowance, will be included as part of the compensation package
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change: (Benefits are pro-rated for this position)
- 10 PTO days year (2 weeks)
- 13 PTO days after 5th year (2 weeks / 3 days)
- 3 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance for employee and children (pro-rated)
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible start/end times for some positions
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure (for certain positions and upon approval)
- CEU days for certain positions
- Free CEU’s for certain positions
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares unit turns which includes moving household appliances, painting and making the necessary repairs required for occupancy, may also assist in cleaning the unit;
- Performs repairs on all appliances such as stoves and hood ranges, refrigerators, electric and gas heaters, and garbage disposals;
- Performs plumbing replacement/repairs on water and sewer lines, drain pipes, toilets, faucets, and water heaters as needed;
- Notifies management concerning the need for major replacement, repairs or additions to the building and collects vendor bids when applicable;
- Works with property management/program staff to implement a preventive maintenance schedule and coordinates larger projects as necessary;
- Haul debris/refuse to dump, assemble furniture as needed and pick up/transport furniture and equipment for use in TLCS facilities;
- Serves as on call maintenance staff for assigned areas according to schedule
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience conducting maintenance and repair on residential/commercial properties.
- Two (2) years janitorial experience on residential/commercial properties.
- Two (2) years of experience living on-site responding to emergencies and performing security.
- Be well versed in all aspects of maintenance including plumbing, electrical, irrigation, painting, drywall repair, the safe use of power tools and equipment, etc.
- Demonstrated experience purchasing supplies and materials necessary for repairs on residential/commercial properties.
- Demonstrated experience procuring bids with various vendors and contractors on major repair work.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair, including the ability to paint well, repair and maintain electrical, roofing, plumbing and HVAC systems, as well as boilers, appliances, and drywall;
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in building maintenance and how to use them safely and responsibly;
- Must be able to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction;
- Must be reliable in attendance, quality and quantity of work;
- Must have the ability to safely operate equipment where necessary;
- Ability to determine causes of operating failures and apply general rules to specific problems to produce the solution;
- Ability to manage one’s own time and coordinate the priorities of work orders and other responsibilities in order to ensure timely competition of required duties;
- Ability to manage one’s own tasks and proactively communicate about those tasks with the necessary parties;
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled