Peer Family Advocate – Yolo ACT
We are growing expanding and hiring, and offering a sign-on bonus.
Hope Cooperative is searching for Peer/Family Advocate for our Full Service Partnership Program, located in Yolo County.
Full Time Professional | Sacramento, CA, US
Our Full Service Partnership is an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program serving up to 100 Clients with Serious Mental Illness (SMI). This is a community based full service partnership with Yolo County, providing intensive mental health and case management services to clients in their homes and other community locations. Clients may include individuals who are experiencing homelessness, persistent mental health symptoms, substance abuse concerns, and health needs. We foster flexible and creative team ‘whatever it takes’ approaches to meet clients where they are while also encouraging independent decision making. We work closely with clients and public entities to decrease chronic homelessness in Yolo County.
The Peer/Family Advocate will serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to provide peer and/or family support in collaboration with the Personal Service Coordinators to assist with accessing program services and other community resources to support wellbeing. The Peer/Family Advocate will function as a role model exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills as well as assisting in helping clients learn coping skills and develop wellness plans congruent with cultural norms and expectations. The Peer/Family Advocate will serve as an advocate for client choice and voice.
These programs are community based full service partnerships with Sacramento County and Yolo County, providing intensive mental health and case management services to clients in their homes and other community locations. Clients may include individuals who are experiencing homelessness, persistent mental health symptoms, substance abuse concerns, and health needs. We foster flexible and creative team approaches to meet clients where they are while also encouraging independent decision making. We work closely with clients and public entities to decrease chronic homelessness in Sacramento County and Yolo County.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position and may require working some evening and weekend schedules starting at $19.34 an hour.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible hours
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support clients and/or family members with active listening, demonstration of empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery and empower clients in meeting their identified goals.
- Collaborate with Personal Service Coordinators, Team Coordinators, Clinicians and Medical staff in coordinating and providing services for clients.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Assist in linking clients and/or family members with resources in the community per the client plan.
- Assist clients in developing and following a wellness plan unique to their needs and desires.
- Assist member with various independent living skills: house cleaning, laundry, food preparation, hygiene, yard work, budgeting money, shopping, medication management and safety.
- Provide/Assist the clients with transportation in personal vehicle as necessary.
- Meet with clients and/or family members in the community and their homes, and attend meetings to ensure continuity of care for clients.
- Provide positive public relations, community referrals, information and support by linking clients to needed resources; advocate with and on behalf of clients and significant support persons the clients have identified.
- Facilitate planning of social, cultural, educational, supportive and recreational group activities.
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms).
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
Education and/or Experience:
- Lived experience as a mental health consumer or a family member of a mental health consumer.
- Work experience with Medi-Cal billing is highly desirable.
- Work experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Provide own vehicle, possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker.
- Must have at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid certificates within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Must attend Pro-Act training through the agency and obtain Pro-Act Certification within the first year of employment.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of various agencies including but not limited to, the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Motor Vehicles, a third party consumer reporting agency, and, perhaps, other agencies..
- Work overtime as requested and approved.
- Be available for one week of after-hours duty on a rotational basis.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled