Personal Services Coordinator – TCORE
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Monday through Friday – day shift hours.
HOPE Cooperative (Formerly TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following:
- 14 PTO days (2 weeks /4 days)
- 21 PTO days after 1st year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 25 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k match
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, and more.
Mental Health Case Managers (PSC) work as part of multi-disciplinary team to provide and coordinate services and resources for clients. The goal of the Mental Health Case Manager is to provide referrals, crisis intervention, support and encouragement to enable the client to access and use mental health and other services that prevent hospitalization and incarceration, and help the client find and maintain permanent housing and mental stability. This position assists clients with financial matters and entitlement issues, and gives the clients the care and attention needed to enable them to learn better coping skills, independent living skills, and techniques to empower clients with recovery, a sense of responsibility, and independence.
Education and/or Experience:
· Must meet the qualifications of a Mental Health Assistant III (MHA III). Individual must have:
o A minimum of four (4) years of full-time equivalent (FTE) direct care experience in the mental health field providing mental health services; OR
o Two (2) years of FTE direct care experience in a mental health related field providing mental health services and two years of education (60 semester or 90 quarter units) with a minimum of 12 semesters (18 quarter units) in a mental health related subject such as child development, social work, human behavior, rehabilitation, psychology or alcohol and drug counseling; OR
o Two (2) years FTE direct care experience in a mental health related field providing direct mental health services and a certificate of completion from the County Core Skills Training. (MHRS highly desired).
· Ability to work with individuals who have a mental health diagnosis. Experience is highly desirable
· Experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
· Lived experience as a mental health consumer or a family member/loved one of a mental health consumer is desirable.
· Mental health crisis intervention experience is highly desirable.
· MediCal billing experience, rehab experience and assessment writing skills are highly desirable
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
· Provide own automobile, possess a valid California Driver’s License and have adequate vehicle insurance as required by California state law. In addition, employee’s driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker.
· Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
· Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
HOPE Cooperative (Formerly TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
Filing Date: Until Filled