Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
We are growing expanding and hiring.
Hope Cooperative is searching for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
The Physician Assistant (PA)/ Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides medical evaluations, coordination of medication management and addresses health concerns, for adult clients who have been admitted to the respective program. This position collaborates to ensure quality service and compliant records.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
As an employee, this position is a full-time, non-exempt position, and includes a benefit package. This position may also be a contracted position and would not include the benefit package.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible hours
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstrate empathy and carry a message of hope and
- Coordinate clients’ medication regime with program psychiatrist and community
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide integrated psychosocial rehabilitative services and attend meetings to ensure continuity of care for clients.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use
- Assist program psychiatrist in monitoring and releasing prescription drug samples in concurrence with current state law and Sacramento County Department of Behavioral Health Services (DBHS)
- Monitor the site for Medi-Cal, Medicare and DBHS Guidelines associated with
- Assist Sacramento County Department of Behavioral Health Services (DBHS) with quarterly on- site chart reviews as it pertains to medication guidelines set by
- Develop, implement update policies and procedures for all clinical services provided to
- Provide orientation and training to new medical
- Maintain medical equipment
- Assist in the supervision and training of volunteers and/or students as assigned or
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms, HMIS).
- Provide positive public relations, community referrals, information and support by linking clients to needed resources; advocate with and on behalf of clients and significant support persons the clients have
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior
- Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the agency HIPAA
Education and/or Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, Medi-Cal / Medicare / Sacramento County Department of Behavioral Health Services (DBHS) requirements. Demonstrated supervisory experience, providing leadership to staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and experience working with diverse Knowledge of community organizations and community resources.
- Knowledge of and practice within Medi-Cal / Medicare and DBHS
- Two or more (2+) years of professional experience in a mental health related setting providing direct clinical services to individuals with a mental health diagnosis is highly
- Work experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly
- Work, volunteer or life experience with persons with homelessness issues is highly
- Lived experience as a mental health consumer or a family member/loved one of a mental health consumer is desirable
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current California Physician Assistant (PA) Licensure. Current CPR & AED
- Current Malpractice
- Provide own vehicle, possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance is
- Registered with the BBS.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled