Co-Occurring Disorder Specialist
We are growing, expanding and offering a Sign-on Bonus!!!
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (Formerly TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 14 PTO days (2 weeks /4 days)
- 21 PTO days after 1st year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 25 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k match
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, and more.
The Co-Occurring Disorder Specialist works as part of multi-disciplinary team to provide and coordinate services and resources for clients. The Co-Occurring Disorder Specialist will be responsible for providing direct services (individual and group) including substance abuse assessments, individual and group counseling, and education and information to benefit clients who are dually diagnosed. This position will work closely with other program staff and community substance abuse resources. Furthermore, this position is to provide referrals, crisis intervention, support and encouragement to enable the client to access and use mental health and other services that prevent hospitalization and incarceration and increase mental health stability. This position gives the clients the care and attention needed to enable them to learn better coping skills, independent living skills, and techniques to empower the client with recovery, a sense of responsibility, and independence. This position may supervise interns or staff as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstration of empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Develop service/goal plans with clients and meet with the clients as needed to encourage, support and advocate for progress and assist with skill development.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide integrated psychosocial rehabilitative services to clients in the community and their homes, and attend meetings to ensure continuity of care for clients.
- Provide positive public relations, community referrals, information and support by linking clients to needed resources; advocate with and on behalf of clients and significant support persons the clients have identified.
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms, HMIS).
- Facilitate planning of social, cultural, educational, supportive and recreational group activities.
- Ensure the office, house, rooms, units and yard are clean and fit for occupancy, where applicable. Provide and assist with cleaning as needed.
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to work with individuals who have a mental health diagnosis. Experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with Medi-Cal billing is highly desirable.
- Experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
- Lived experience as a mental health consumer or a family member/loved one of a mental health consumer is desirable.
- Mental health crisis intervention experience is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification through the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) (i.e., CADCA / CADC-I / CADC-II/ RADT).
- Provide own vehicle, possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet and continue to meet the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker.
- Must have at least 3 years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (Formerly TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, send resume to: email@example.com listing the job title in the subject line.
Final Filing Date: Until Filled