Program Manager – New Direction Program
We are growing expanding and hiring, and offering a sign-on bonus.
Hope Cooperative is searching for a Program Manager.
The Program Manager supervises assigned staff who are a part of a multi-disciplinary team, offering case management to adults who have been diagnosed as having a psychiatric illness, are/have been homeless, and possibly have substance abuse issues. The Program Manager is responsible for team oversight ensuring provision of psychiatric rehabilitative services which may include assessment and plan development, assistance with obtaining housing and entitlements, substance abuse treatment and assistance in any other area of life in which the individual needs help or support in order to successfully live in the community. In addition, the Program Manager will support in triaging client needs for intake and discharge.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, exempt position with a salary of $2808.11 semi-monthly and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance for employee and children
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible start/end times for some positions
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure (for certain positions and upon approval)
- CEU days for certain positions
- Free CEU’s for certain positions
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstrate empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
- Ensure that Best Practices of mental health recovery are taught and implemented.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Assure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct services to clients in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Coordinate client treatment and care with psychiatrists and other members of the treatment team or with community resources as applicable.
- Ensure that direct report staff is informed regarding pertinent agency policies.
- Connect with partner organizations and programs as needed to ensure appropriate and sufficient referrals and to receive updated community information.
- Follow and apply all personnel policies seeking appropriate consultation when necessary.
- Assess, train, and support direct reports including interns/volunteers to ensure quality services.
- Ensure for the review, evaluation and screening of relevant employment applications. Interview and check references on job applicants. Make hiring recommendations to the appropriate management team member.
- Provide after-hours service/back-up and crisis intervention on a rotating basis in applicable programs.
- Ensure for the accuracy and timely completion of data collection, reports, and client charts.
- Assist with assigned organizational development activities, grant writing and other major projects.
- Requisition and purchase household, maintenance, office and program supplies as applicable.
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
- Assist in client concerns and complaints, intervene in, and/or oversee, crises and emergencies as they occur.
- Ensure the accurate screening and assessment of admissions and discharges in conjunction with contracted criteria.
- Ensure the office, house, rooms, units and yard are clean and fit for occupancy, where applicable. Provide and assist with cleaning as needed.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the agency HIPAA Manual.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must meet the qualifications of a Mental Health Assistant III (MHA III). Individual must have:
- A minimum of four (4) years of full-time equivalent (FTE) direct care experience in the mental health field providing mental health services; OR
- Two (2) years of FTE direct care experience in a mental health related field providing mental health services and two years of education (60 semester or 90 quarter units) with a minimum of 12 semesters (18 quarter units) in a mental health related subject such as child development, social work, human behavior, rehabilitation, psychology or alcohol and drug counseling.
- Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (preferred)
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience communicating and interacting with individuals’ psychiatric symptoms.
- Ability to supervise, delegate and provide leadership to staff.
- Knowledge of community organizations and community resources.
- Mental health crisis intervention experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of MediCal billing is highly desirable.
- Work experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
- Lived experience as a mental health consumer or a family member/loved one of a mental health consumer is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
- Consumer of mental health services or a family member of a mental health consumer is desirable.
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply, visit our Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled