Residential Services Coordinator – Possibilities
We are growing expanding and hiring, and offering a sign-on bonus.
Hope Cooperative is searching for a Residential Service Coordinator.
Full-time Professional | Sacramento, CA, US
Under the direct supervision of the individual designated on the agency Organizational Chart, the Residential Services Coordinator has the responsibility of working closely with the Transition Age Youth (TAY) residents who are progressing toward independent living. The Residential Services Coordinator provides the daily support needed for each resident to function at the highest possible level. These supports will include emotional support, demonstrating and teaching living skills, coordinating program activities, facilitating groups, and client activities.
We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution to solving homelessness in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. We are a highly respected, award-winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento and Yolo Counties, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
At Hope Cooperative we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position, starting at $19.31 per hour and may require working some evening and weekend schedules.
SCHEDULE : Wednesday & Thursday OFF; Friday – Tuesday 2:30pm – 11pm
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) offers a competitive benefit package consisting of, but not limited to, the following, and may be subject to change:
- 21 PTO days year (4 weeks/1 day)
- 26 PTO days after 5th year (5 weeks / 1 day)
- 6 days paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal Days (Floating Holidays)
- Employer paid health insurance for employee and children
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular hourly wage step scale increases
- Flexible start/end times for some positions
- iPhone with unlimited data for personal/profession use and laptop for some positions
- Clinical Supervision towards licensure (for certain positions and upon approval)
- CEU days for certain positions
- Free CEU’s for certain positions
- Annual BBQ and staff appreciation awards
- Annual Gift Card Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Transfer Sick Time Hours to PTO Hours
- PTO Cash Out
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance and more.
* All benefit offerings are subject to change and are governed by the eligibility guidelines in the Employee Handbook. This list represents a general summary of available benefits and nothing stated here should be interpreted as being included in a written offer for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support individuals with active listening, demonstration of empathy and carry a message of hope and recovery.
- Observe, assess, intervene and refer (within one’s scope of practice) in situations with clients regarding mental health symptoms, physical health symptoms and substance use issues.
- Develop service/goal plans with clients and meet with the clients as needed to encourage, support and advocate for progress and assist with skill development.
- Provide/Assist the client with transportation in personal vehicle as necessary.
- Provide rehabilitative services to clients in the community and their homes.
- Provide positive public relations, community referrals, information and support by linking clients to needed resources; advocate with and on behalf of clients and significant support persons the clients have identified.
- Accurately complete all necessary forms, reports and paperwork required by the program on a timely basis (e.g., progress notes, special incident reports, discharge summaries, Medi-Cal billing, Avatar forms, HMIS).
- Facilitate planning of social, cultural, educational, supportive and recreational group activities.
- Shop for food and household supplies to meet program or client needs.
- Ensure the office, house, rooms, units and yard are clean and fit for occupancy, where applicable. Provide and assist with cleaning as needed.
- Act as a designated Mandated Reporter for the observed or suspected abuse and/or neglect of children, disabled individuals, dependent adults and elder/senior citizens. Mandated Reporter also includes “Duty to Warn” which includes the responsibility to notify authorities and the intended victim(s) of physical harm.
- Ensure the protection and confidentiality of all Protected Health Information (PHI) by following all policies and procedures in the agency HIPAA Manual.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to work with the Transition Age Youth population. Experience is highly desirable.
- Crisis intervention experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of substance abuse disorders, preferably dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker. Must provide proof of insurance.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
- Provide own vehicle, possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance is desired.
- Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings
HOPE Cooperative (aka TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.
To apply visit Hope Cooperative – Online Career Center
Final Filing Date: Until Filled